Friday, October 13, 2006

Its Saturday - 12:12am ... Wedding Day!!!

Well we made it through the dress rehersal, our rehersal dinner and the events that followed ... what a night!!! It looks like it is all coming together pretty smoothly ... now since I said that, all hell will break loose today!!! ha ha


Here is the picture of Dawn when she was handed the bouquet of flowers for the rehersal ... all we told the florist was our "colors" ... she put together such an amazing arrangement of flowers ... I cant wait to see what she brings tomorrow for the "Big Day" ... needless to say, by the look on Dawns face ... she was pretty pleased with the flowers and the way they turned out!!! *smile* ... I love it when she is happy ... cause when Dawn is happy, WE all are happy!!!

Here is Dawn and Madeline ... Dawn is wearing her mothers wedding dress!!! Thats right ... the dress Dawn is wearing is the SAME dress her mother wore on her wedding day. The story goes like this ... Dawn and her mom were cleaning out some stuff at her parents house one day (about 2 years ago) ... and Dawn happened across a glad trash bag stuffed in a corner of a cedar chest. She tenderly pulled it out since it looked like it had been in there for a little while. Dawn opened the bag and found this wedding dress bunched up and tossed into a garbage bag. The dress you see Dawn wearing is 37 years old ... when Dawn found it ... it was yellow!!! We looked around and found a person who can restore older clothes. We took the dress HOPING to get back something that Dawn could at least try on ... something that would "look ok" to wear somewhere ... she was hoping that "somewhere" would be her wedding but I dont think she was getting her hopes up.

Here is a good shot of Madeline's mom and dad ... Brian is my closest friend and Michelle (his wife) and Madeline have become part of my extended family ... here is a picture of Dawn and them ... not sure why Dawn is cracking up, but I am sure she thought it was HILLARIOUS!!!

So, back to the story of the dress ... we got the dress back from the people who restore clothing and Dawn took it into the bathroom. About 15 minutes later, she comes out of the bathroom, eyes watering, standing there telling me how the dress she had on was the dress her mother wore on her wedding night and since that night, NOBODY has wore it ... that she was the first person in 36 years to put that dress on. Dawn told me that night she would be wearing it sometime in the wedding. Our rehersal party was the perfect time for her to wear that dress ... she looked AMAZING in it. I have such a gorgeous wife!!! I am a very lucky man ... more pictures you say??? Coming right up!!!



Tyler and Bryan were wonderful during the rehersal ... I am excited to stand with them tomorrow and welcome Dawn into our family!!!

Lets see ... what other pictures do I have??? ONE MORE!!!








OK ... well there ya go ... a little glimpse into the rehersal dinner for our wedding ... it was quick and it was wonderful. We had such a great time with our friends and family. I am sure tomorrow is going to FLY by and when I turn around I will be married and the night will be over!!! I can NOT wait to start my married life with Dawn ... *grin* ... I am such a lucky man!
Good night friends ...

No comments: