Thursday, October 26, 2006

The French Riviera

Well, we have been in Nice France for the past 2 days ... 2 more days to go and it's back to reality! Nice is very beautiful, the people are nice and friendly, the shops are VERY expensive! Today is Thursday and so far Dawn and I have managed to wake up, shower, eat breakfast and stumble next door to a bar with "Free Internet" ... and $5 coffee! (They get you one way or another) ... its FAR better than the $35 / day Internet at the hotel. Anyway, we are meeting a tour guide in front of our hotel around 1:30 today and she is taking us around Nice's local area (where the Non-Tourists live and shop) ... then we will head off to Eze France. Colonel Doner told me to make sure I go here. I read about it on the flight over ... Eze is a castle on top of a hill that used to be a medieval fortress. Now, it is home to many shops and restaurants. There is a perfume factory up there too ... don't know if we'll have time to make that stop! After Eze we will hit a winery and maybe VilleFranche (where our ship dropped us off 2 days ago) ... its a sleepy little fishing village built into the mountains on the coast. ADORABLE!!! I am hoping we can get a quick pass through Monaco ... if we only have time. I would love to be able to drive the actual Monaco Grand Prix circuit!!! I think I can make the hairpin turn at about 60mph!!! We'll see ... ha ha!!!

Dawns turn ... here ya go!!!

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about all the things that have happened since we left the house to start this journey. From the trip down to Cheeca -- snorkeling with everyone when Bill found that huge green eel! Don't let me forget to tell you about Bill's singing and dancing career -- he was simply famous on the ship.

One of my favorite moments on board was when Bill introduced me to another passenger as "Dawn Brister" *smile*

Yesterday we toured a candy factory that I saw on Food Network where they make candied (preserved) fruits. They gave us a personal tour and allowed us to taste everything. The most unusual thing was rose flavored hard candy. It was fun to taste, but I didn't buy any of that ('nuff said). I did buy some candied fruit to share and some other stuff though.

Today I hope to find some local soaps and some Provencal fabric to bring home, then I think I'll be done with the shopping.

Till next time!
D&B

P.S. (This is Bill typing) ... My singing and dancing career Dawn is speaking about never happened. Its all rumors and lies spun by the liberal media to draw attention away from Dawn's FABULOUS outfits and Karaoke talents!!! Ask her if she knows all the words to "Hotel California" ... *snicker* ... We had such a great time!!!

Till tomorrow ... or the next day!!!
Bill

No comments: