Friday, October 13, 2006

The Day Before ... Are we there yet???

So, yesterday, if there was ever a day that would try my patience and sense of humor ... yesterday is one for the books! It all starts with my parents calling me from Ft Lauderdale because Delta decided to switch the non-stop flight we had the boys on. It changed to a flight through Atlanta and a 2 hour time change. The boys were scheduled in at noon ... when they called me it was changed to 2pmish ... I was a bit upset. 2pm rolls around and I am now notified that their 1 hour layover in Atlanta was being extended to a 3 hour 30 minute layover ... after 45 minutes on the phone with Delta explaining to them how upset we were that this is happening (in not so nice of terms) ... they were telling us that they boys were getting on the plane now and they will be in a 5:45 ... does it end there??? I would like to say it does, but alas ... 5:45 rolls around and we are told they are delayed an hour!!! Have you seen the cartoons where the red line rises up the characters body and the steam comes out of their ears??? Imagine that ACTUALLY happening ... it was close to 7pm when they FINALLY landed ... a simple 2 hour, non stop flight turned into a 9 hour debacle!!! The boys are here, mom and dad are with them!!!

Well, people are starting to arrive and it is bound to get crazy over the next 2 days!!! Tonight we have our welcome reception and our rehersal ... I might be able to throw a few pictures up here from the camera phone today. In about 30 minutes I am meeting some friends to do a little snorkeling ... when we get back, we shower, change and get a round or 2 of golf in. Dawn is going to do a "practice" run on the hair and makup!

I'll be back later ... hope you all have a beautiful day!!!

No comments: