Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Change Smange!

Dawn posts!

Yes, I live!

I for one do not understand this year of change. I like things just fine the way they are! Why should we change? We have good friends, a loving family and a great newlywed marriage. Somehow my husband thinks this is a recipe that requires CHANGE! HARRUMPH!

So fine. I agreed to his little challenge. I'll change . . .

So . . . I decided that my contribution to change would be a new cooking toy!!!!! How fun!

For those who gave us gift certificates to Macy's you have created a monster! We purchased a pressure cooker this weekend. I did a ton of reading online and looked at all the models on the market, went to Williams-Sonoma and Macy's and looked into different models. My best resource was Miss Vickie

We went with the Fagor set at Macy's it has an 8 quart and 4 quart pan. Last night was supposed to be the trial run, but if you know anything about how my day went yesterday -- you know that if I had tried to use an appliance like a pressure cooker I would have surely blown the roof off the house, burned my arm off and scared the dog . . . so today was the day I tried my new toy. I made Mushroom Chicken MMMMMMMMM

Of course first, I ordered a couple books (If Michelle Martin reads this she's already laughing at me) researched on line and watched a video as to be certain that I did not do all the damage mentioned in the previous paragraph!

Mushroom Chicken:

One package (about two pounds) Chicken thighs
two cans Roasted Garlic Mushroom soup
1 cup (roughly) Chicken Broth
One onion
One package Mushrooms (8 oz cut in half)
cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
Two sprigs Thyme


Take the base of the pressure cooker and heat it on high heat with oil (a couple table spoons is more than enough)Brown the chicken on all sides and set aside.

Drain excess fat and saute mushrooms and onions until a little brown (add salt and pepper to taste)

add soup and broth (white wine would also be good) and Chicken to pot. Stir put thyme on top. Close the lid and bring to pressure. Cook 15 minutes then let the pressure subside naturally (i.e. don't release the valve or put the pot under cold water) This will take about 30 minutes.

Serve over egg noodles.

Act like a chef while your family marvels at how wonderful you are! NEVER tell your secret!

P.S. You all know what you are getting for Christmas next year!

No comments: