Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007 - The Year of Change!!!

Bill Brister here ... posting about the upcoming year ahead for Dawn and myself. This year is being refered to as "The Year of Change" for Dawn and I. Exactly what does that mean ... we have a few ideas ... one is, I (Bill) have ventured out into the world of Starting my own company. I have mentioned it a few times here on this blog and will start talking more about it in the coming months. I have always dreamed of launching a company and building an empire, but have never been in the "right place at the right time" ... there were always things in the way for me. More like excuses, but I didnt realize that back then. My company is here ... www.individui.com ... my mantra is "Live Life Mobile!" If you know me well, you know that I LOVE gadgets! I love technology and the new toys that are created by new technologies!!! So, my company is all about Living the Mobile Life! I think that in this day and age with the Web 2.0 emerging and Web 3.0 just around the corner, mobile access is highly in demand. My vision is to create Individui as a major player in the mobile communication field. That is my first change.

My second change is to lose weight ... I challenged myself to lose 50 pounds before my wedding. It took me 6 months of working out, watching what I eat and getting outside to walk, jog, ride my bike ... at my wedding I was down 30 pounds. This year I am committed to dropping the other 20 I set out to lose!!!

Dawn and I are continuing to build our life together, I still learn things about her every day and she challenges me to think or look at different perspectives. My goal for us as a couple this year is to learn to "work" together. We got the "living" together down. We are pretty good at the "going out in public" together ... *smile* ... especially to France or on a cruise!!! The true test of our relationship is to actually "work" together ... I hear it all the time about husbands and wives having a working relationship and how hard it is. Dawn is helping me understand what Marketing is for a company, MY company ... I tell her what I want to say, she writes it down how I should say it. Sounds easy right??? Well, lets just say that when I tell her what I want to say for my company ... there are 50 different questions she wants to know before she will write anything for me. Like ... Who do I want to hear what I have to say! OH YEA, and the answer "EVERYONE" is unacceptable. She is letting me learn the lessons of how to postion something and how to answer questions with information you want to answer with. Most of you all reading this blog know me ... I say it like it is, and I cant stand B.S. Well, Dawn is teaching me the finer points of "Saying it nicely" ... and well, lets just say we have a whole year to learn how to work together!!! Dawn is absolutely an inspiration ... I am greatful that I have her in my life to walk with me down this unchartered path. Thank you Dawn ... for everything!

With that said ...

We are going to need some help this year ... so, when you email Dawn or when you talk to us ... ask us how our Year of Change is going. Ask us what have we learned over the past week about eachother and how are we growing in our working relationship. We may tell you to pound sand, or we may just start laughing ... but one thing for sure ... we will appreciate YOU and the positive support you bring into our family!!!

Most of my "resolutions" are business related. I have milestones, I have goals ... I have NO clue how I am going to get there ... but that is the journey right? I look forward to talking and emailing with each of you reading this. Drop me a line if it has been a while since we have spoken. If I dont know you ... still shoot me a note!!! I am a nice guy ... just ask Lindley!!! ha ha

Anyway ... Happy New Year Friends. I'll see if I can get Dawn to sit down and pontificate about her "Year of Change" for you guys!!! That should be a fun excercise!!! ha ha

Till next time ...

No comments: