Friday, January 19, 2007

13 days between posts - thats unacceptable!

Last thing I new it was January 6th, Dawn and I were getting mentally prepared to wake up at 4am so we could drive over to Disney World and voluteer our time at the Disney Marathon.

Sunday morning came and went like a flash ... the Marathon was incredible! Dawn and I (along with Chris and Judith) were handing out water around the 10 mile mark. About 40 minutes after the start of the race ONE guy runs past us like he had a lion chasing him. He ended the marathon in 2 hours and 19 minutes!!! When he ran by us I dont think he had broken a sweat yet. So, I think I heard something like 32,000 people were in the 1/2 marathon (on Saturday) and the full marathon (on Sunday) ... I am not sure how many there were in the full marathon only but there were PLENTY!!! It was very inspiring to stand there and hand out water to the runners. Many of the runners were so appreciative and would thank us when they ran by ... and it was the kind of "Thank You So Much" that made you want to run out there and give them a hug ... but they were sweaty and it would have been ackward to run and hug. Dawn and I are going to start walking this year and plan to walk the 1/2 marathon next year at Disney World ... anyone care to join us?

These past 2 weeks have been going at an amazing pace ... I am at the point where I need to raise some sort of money for my company or its just NOT going to support itself, let alone ME! So, I have been hitting the path meeting with people, talking to everyone I can about mobile marketing and what I do. We had another nice write up about us in the last newspaper ... check it out! http://www.celebrationindependent.com/Pages/1.1.07%20stories/individui.html

I did get in a good chat with a group that is doing an exotic car festival in April that raises money for the "Make A Wish" foundation. He and I talked about different ideas regarding text messaging and giving the crowd something to do ... we came up with a few ideas that are going to be fun. I also was thinking about how I could help raise money for charities and non-profits. I have a few ideas that I am working through right now and researching on ways to team up with the charities. I'll have more on that later!!!

Dawn and I are getting ready to pick up Tyler and Bryan tonight (Friday Jan 19th) ... they are coming down for the weekend to hang out and do a little theme park action! I'll more than likely throw some pictures up here for you all to enjoy.

Next weekend, Dawn and I are heading to Tampa to see the broadway show Spamalot - if you dont know who Monty Python is, then you dont know Spamalot! Its going to be awesome. Then on Sunday we head out West again. We'll be in California for a few days ... Dawn has some regular meetings at work and I have set up some lunches and breakfast meetings with investors and potential clients. I just confirmed a lunch meeting with the Oakland Raiders! I am VERY excited about that. I'll update you all when I return ... I am hoping for big things this time.

Well - I better start making some calls and sending some emails. I hope everyone is doing well and I will write more soon ... I promise!

Till Next Time ...

No comments: