Thursday, November 09, 2006

Some new pictures from the Honeymoon!

Its been a while since I posted some pictures from the Honeymoon ... I reduced some of the better pictures last night so I can upload them to my website. Well, I was thinking today ... why wait. Throw some of the good ones on the blog now!!! So here ya go!

Did I show you all the one of the Chef who came to prepare our dinner at our table on the cruise! Yes Sir ... it was some kinda chicken dish that was "OH MY GOD" Good ... not sure the name of it, but wow, very tasty!!! Oh yea, dont we look good too? For those of you that were there and if you remember, Dawn is wearing the gorgeous outfit she wore to my best friends wedding in Portland, Oregon - Brian and Michelle Lindley.


Here is a picture I took in Rome that I thought was pretty cool. Dawn and I were walking down an alley to see the forums and I saw this guard standing in a hallway that went through to another courtyard. It was so amazing thinking back to when all this was new and the people milling around in the day. How beautiful everything must have been, so ornate. The artistry with the stonework is incredible.













Here is a picture I took in Palermo of a persons balcony. This was above the open air market that ran for about 10 - 15 blocks. If you remember back in one of the previous posts of the huge fish being cut ... this is down the street from there.


This picture is of the front of the Vatican ... this is from the square looking up to the front where the Pope comes out to wave to the crowds and send blessings down. The 90 minutes Dawn and I spent in there was incredible ... the frescos, the Sistine Chapel, the Basilica ... everything was amazing. It sucks because I am running out of adjectives to describe these buildings and what we saw, but the words just dont do it any justice.


If you ever get a chance to visit Rome for a few days, take the opportunity and also call Remo at www.driverinrome.com ... Daniele or Remo will give you a tour of the city only a local can give you. Worth every penny, and when Dawn and I go back to Rome ... we will be calling Remo!!! OK - more pictures!!!!



Here is the ship Dawn and I were on ... this was the day after we left. We were staying in Nice France for 4 days after the cruise and the day after we got off the ship their next port of call was Nice!!! So we walked over to the port and took a picture of the ship!!! I know, we are geeks! ha ha




Sunset on the French Riviera ... Not much more to say about this picture! If you like it ... let me know!!!















Here is a small port in Bastia (which is on the island of Corsica) ... Dawn and I were walking around this place and enjoying the streets and the stores ... we found a meat store that had meat just hanging on the walls and other meat in baskets on a bench!!! Yea, we bought some meat there. It seems like every other store here was a wine store or sold meats and cheese! Below is a picture of the meat store!



The picture does not do it justice ... we walked into this store and they had wine and cheese up front. This bench was in the back ... we stood there and looked amazed at the raw meat hanging here. A lady came in and ordered probably 1/2 a pound of something hanging ... the guy running the place trimmed off the fat, chopped it with the knife you see there, wrapped it in wax paper and off she went!!! If it was good enough for her ... its good enough for us!!! They had some meat vacuum sealed ... we have not had any yet ... but I am sure its delicious!





Here is a picture from Eze France ... this place was a fortified castle built on top of a hill on the coast of the French Riviera ... the inhabitants who lived there started building next to the castle and during the height of occupancy 400 people were crammed into this city. There are 2 hotels here in Eze ... they look pretty fancy so if your going to stay here, your going to pay!!!

OK ... time for dinner, I hope you all enjoy these pictures and I'll post more another time!!!

Good night friends.

No comments: