Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Politics And The Game

Well - my first election has come to a close. Not even close, I had my ass handed to me by an arrogant, self serving opponent who played the game better than I. I walk away with my head held high, my integrity intact and my pride a tad bit bruised.

That said - what I also walk away with is the knowledge of who is actually in my corner and who is on the fence, I walk away knowing who I can turn to and who I should avoid and the greatest lesson I learned was who I know to be my true supporters are actually and honestly behind me 100% of the way!

I was just taught a very valuable lesson today - one that someone has to walk through to learn. Its not something that can be told and understood, its not something that you can read in a book and practice it. Its the lesson of great loss. I am not talking a loss of a hockey game, or a loss of a poker hand ... its not a loss of a "sure thing" wager where the underdog pulls a miracle out of nowhere in the last seconds and wins it by one point. This is the pain of true failure - an epic loss by 60+% ... one where you look back and say ... even if I did try a little harder, I would have still failed.

So - right now, I am raw ... not really enjoying this feeling, but knowing I have to make it through, I have no choice - this is not the end. Its just another lesson that I needed to learn ... something that has forged my character to become even sharper, clearer, stronger. This is not a stumbling block, this is not an obstacle - this is only a learning experience - this is ONLY what makes me stronger.

No comments: