Sunday, December 24, 2006

11pm and we're frostin the cake!


Dawn is having a GREAT time with this cake. We got home about 30 minutes ago from a wonderful dinner with some friends. Dawn baked a yummy red velvet cake this afternoon and she has decided to finish the frosting tonight! She looooooves this stuff ... and well, I get to eat it! Come on January 1st ... wanna know my new years resolution? My goal is to lose 20 more pounds. I lost 30 pounds for the wedding and that was not easy ... I think that if I set my sights on the 20 pound mark in 2007 it should be pretty "do-able" ... we'll see. I am sure I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress!

As I sat at dinner with some friends tonight I was reflecting on the past 2 years 8 months since I moved out to Orlando. I moved to Orlando knowing ONE person here. I moved to Orlando because it was as close to Tyler and Bryan as I could get. I was working as a manager for Sears Roebuck and this was the closest job opening they had. It took me 3 months to meet Dawn and since then every day has been better than the last. I am shocked to look back on the last 10 months (thats how long Dawn and I have lived in Celebration) and to think of all the things we are involved in. Dawn and I belong to the Task Force that is working towards taking our community to the next level and becoming an actual "City" in the state of Florida. We have met many amazing people through that effort and we are so blessed to have such friendly and welcoming families close to us.

I'll be posting some reflections over the next few days ... 2007 is going to become the "Year of Change" for Dawn and I. I'll exlain more later!!! For now ... I am going to help my wife finish this bottle of wine we have opened!

Merry Christmas my friends ... and for the ones reading this thread I dont know that well ... I wish you happiness and laughter! (I wish that for my friends too!)

Till the next post ...

No comments: