Saturday, January 03, 2009

Dawn's Away Again

I took Dawn to the airport yesterday (Friday Jan 2nd) for her next business adventure. They have her in Perth, Australia this time. Sooo - her flight left at 7pm Friday night, she just landed and its 9am Sunday morning! Think about it ... she skipped all of Saturday! Dawn likes to refer to airplanes as Time Capsules! Once your on board and they close the door, time kinda slows down, there is nothing you can do other than sleep, listen to music or watch a poorly edited movie! Oh well - at least she is in Australia, right? Its in the 90's ... and its summer!

So - what did I do last night??? Well, I was up until 4:30am fighting off wave after wave of locusts and grinders and boomers in a new game I got last month, Gears Of War 2! It is such an epic game - very fun to play and even better with friends. Lindley and I try to play together at least once a week ... since he is West Coast time, I gotta wait until around midnight my time for us to get going, but its the price I gotta pay!

Tyler and Bryan were down here for 8 incredibly fast days! This trip we pretty much just hung out, did alot of talking, dinners, shopping. We had a great time ... and the BEST part of the whole trip was when more than one friend of ours (Dawn and I) told us how amazing the boys are and how mature they behave and how polite they are to people. Those boys are awesome! I am so proud of them ... and the fact that they have been able to show us they are responsible by bringing their grades up!

Tyler was able to get his drivers license and is now legally allowed to drive - HUH??? Yeah, that one snuck up on me too! ha ha

Well ... just wanted to make a quick update, not much going on over the next 6 days. However, next Friday I am flying to Nashville to catch a Predators hockey game. That should be fun! Its all part of my goal to visit every hockey arena in the NHL once for a game. Not sure how long that is going to take ... but it will be accomplished!

Hope you all are well ...

2 comments:

Shawn Butler said...

Bill, just read your post on Saucerpass.com and think you did a great job of taking Fantasy Hockey to the masses. I also scrolled through your blog posts at DailyDeke where you're doing a great job of selling the sport of hockey.

Then I came to this blog and decided you're doing a great job of selling Florida as the place to raise a family!!! ha ha. Nice pics and nice blogs.

Bill Brister said...

Shawn - thanks for taking the tour d'Brister!