Saturday, January 05, 2008

Christmas, New Year and The Bristers

Well it is now 2008 and the holidays are over, life is getting back to a reasonable pace and the boys are wrapping up their 2nd week long trip to see us. It has been an amazing 2 weeks spent with Tyler and Bryan. We have had some good laughs and some very good conversations (however, the boys call them "lectures") ... but overall it has been a good time and I am very proud of my boys.

We are focusing this year on planning for the future ... goals, dreams ... What they wanna be when they grow up! So far all I have been able to get out of them is "I don't know!" So, I guess persistence is going to be my focus for 2008.

Dawn and I have been talking allot about "resolutions" for this year ... she jokingly says her '08 Resolution is to be more mean! ha ha ... I nervously laugh at her when she says that (don't want to give her a reason to start living her resolution) *smile* - My resolution this year is to be a better friend to those that are worth my friendship. I have many acquaintances, a good group of people I call friends and a few great friends. I am going to focus on investing more of myself into my great friends and core group of friends. Open myself up, become an example of how a friendship works. I'll write more on this later ... since I have Tyler and Bryan peering over my shoulder while I type this - they are waiting for us to head over to Universal Studios today!!!

The boys go home tomorrow - it will be sad to see them go, and I will look forward for the next time they come down here to visit.

Oh yea - my other resolution is to commit to this blog more. Make frequent updates and use this as more of a "life journal" for me.

I wish you all a happy and wonderful New Year ... I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday with laughter and family!

Till next time ...

No comments: