Friday, August 03, 2007

If you look close - you can see a BBQ!!!

My backyard ... plus the addition! I finally got a BBQ to play with. The story goes like this - when Dawn moved out of the apartment she was renting when I met her it was because they were turning the apartment complex into condo's. They offered Dawn the opportunity to purchase the unit she was living in, she turned down the offer since she had finished the paperwork to own the condo we live in now. So - since the apartment she was living in was becoming a condo and the condo she bought would not be completed for 16 months she had to move. She moved to the apartment complex near me and was unable to bring her BBQ with her, her father so generously offered to hold onto her BBQ while we were in the apartment waiting for the condo to be finished. Well - after a year and a half we begged enough for Dawn's father to allow her to have her BBQ back. Here is a picture of our maiden voyage on the grill ... Brat's and Rib Eye's with Portobello mushrooms!!! I can not tell you how happy I am to have a grill again. I sure have missed the smell, the sound and the taste. If you are ever in the area, just call and tell me you want something BBQ'd ... your all welcome here for dinner.

Not much else going on here - Dawn is home this week, however the past 2 weeks she has been traveling for work and it looks like the next 2 weeks she'll be back on the road.

Tyler and Bryan will be here for Labor Day weekend, that should be fun ... since they both love the BBQ so much. I did have to call them and rub it in that I was BBQing last night ... oh, and tonight too! Bacon wrapped Filets and Corn on the Cob!!!

YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Till next time ...

No comments: